best around the world jet travel, best world trips, high end travel expeditions, kay donahue designs jewelry on world trip, kay donahue travels around the world, private jet travel, who to use for private jet touring
Yep! We did it! Went around the world! It all started with that beautiful brochure from the University of Oklahoma Alumni Association. Their partners in this venture were TCS & Starquest Expeditions and Thomson Airways, the third largest airline in the United Kingdom. And they know how to put on an expedition.
Even though the brochure was from OU, we were delighted to find not only others who signed up through OU, but also people who signed up through Rice, Brown, Smithsonian, Washington and Lee, TCS & Starquest Expeditions, and William and Mary. There were 50 guests on the 757 jet plus the leaders and crew. The leaders and crew were professional and experienced to the last iota. The guests? Well, we all had traveled but not like this….
The two companies handled the big stuff – our bags, ground leaders, day buses, hotels, customs, and myriad things we would love to experience and NOT have to deal with in normal travel. And they surprised us with fun things daily and spoiled us rotten.
10 REASONS TO TRAVEL WITH TCS & STARQUEST EXPEDITIONS…
- Upon arriving in a new country, the local leader gave each of us a wonderful, locally made coin purse with the local equivalent of $10 US. That was great “walking around money” as my dad used to say.
- In the hotel room with our schedule for that day and the next, we were treated to local picture post cards – already stamped . No local stamp buying… Just make time to write…
- And there was always a gift for each of us in the room – a specialty of the country. The ladies loved gorgeous scarves/pashminas, and jewelry in a couple of places. The gentlemen enjoyed their CD’s, little paintings, shirts, and other artwork.
- In two places the flight attendants dressed in local attire as they served our fabulous snacks and meals. They were all hand-picked for this crew and were UP for their 33,000 mile journey.
- Chef Mike planned all the meals and oversaw the preparation in each country for the next flight. We had choices for each meal which is just unbelievable. I had some of the best fish I have ever had each time I ordered it.
- We had bottled water available everywhere– buses, hotel, hikes and tours.
- When we had our group dinners –they were galas! We had lovely food and entertainment in memorable locations. And we could be casual – wrap that new pashmina on a black travel outfit to zip it up.
- In flight presentations by the three TCS traveling experts were educational and entertaining to prepare us for the country we would be visiting.
- The TCS & Starquest leaders were unflappable. They handled all 50 of us perfectly!
- Dr. Carlos Carmago was at the ready in case we needed medical attention and told us when to start our altitude and malaria medications. He gave me a band-aid for my knee scrape when I slid down the hill….
I could go on for pages, but won’t. See more pictures from my around the world trip with TCS & STARQUEST EXPEDITIONS on my Facebook page here Kay Donahue Designs
There were some tears that last night in Orlando before we all headed back home and to the real world. Each has memories and new friends. And we appreciate our home land.